Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lehmann

Old July 13th, 2013, 04:18 AM
I'm making a version of the barbarian rage power Greater Ferocious Mount, which lets the barbarian's mount have all the PASSIVE rage powers the barbarian does. Raging Swimmer, he gets it, because it doesn't require an action to use. Bleeding blow, doesn't get it.

I was going to use SpecType.Attack, but for some reason "Night Vision" is an attack power, as are the lesser totems.

For now, I'll special case them in, but I wanted to know if there was a tag category for "requires an action to use".

Thanks,

Aaron

Last edited by Lehmann; July 13th, 2013 at 04:24 AM.
Lehmann is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lehmann

Old July 13th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Hmm. A new wrinkle. How do I give my animal companion new picks?
Lehmann is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 16th, 2013, 09:41 AM
The best you can do is throw a validation error on the master if something is missing from their animal companion. I would create an adjustment which bootstraps the picks you want, and then have an eval rule on your power throw an error if the adjustment isn't on the animal companion.

Since it sounds like the powers granted are likely to vary with the other rage powers selected, either have the bootstrapped racial ability say simply "You get all passive rage powers" or have your Greater Ferocious mount ability perform and appenddesc on that racial ability.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lehmann

Old July 19th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying, Aaron.

Are you saying that if my animal companion doesn't already HAVE the pick for a rage power (e.g. Night Vision), I can make an adjustment that GIVES it to him? If so, I've tried, and failed. I've linked a screenshot of the error popup I get when I try to add an adjustment that bootstraps Night Vision. I think it's saying that there's some table thing that my AC doesn't have (maybe because it's not a normal kind of hero?).

Error

I was thinking I'd have to make some XML or other to add a gizmo (Barbarian Mount, or something). I wouldn't mind doing it, I can sling xml as well as the next guy, but there's something I'm missing when I try to follow the tutorials about gizmos on here.

Thanks for your help,

Aaron
Lehmann is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 19th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Hrm, yeah. Custom abilities can't really be bootstrapped, they have to be added through a table.

I'd try making an adjustment that bootstraps a Configurable, and have that configurable be the place you add the rage power. I'm not 100% sure that'll work, but give it a try. I know the Eldritch Heritage feats have a configurable that lets the user pick a sorcerer custom ability, so you might want to look there for an example.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lehmann

Old July 19th, 2013, 08:24 PM
OK. So, I'm doing that, and it's working. Yay!

A picky detail, though: When the Lesser Beast Totem gives the mount its claws, the claws show up with (Barbarian Mount) next to them as the source. I'd like it to say, (Beast Totem, Lesser(Crom)), since the source is the totem, and the source of the totem is Crom.

Is that doable?

Thanks,

Aaron
Lehmann is offline   #6 Reply With Quote