Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Fippy

Old December 4th, 2011, 08:48 PM
When I do most major actions in HL, I get a dialog full of dozens of scripting errors, I typically get this when I load a portfolio, do a print character, or even print preview. It also does it when I add a weapon, add armor, etc. I first noticed it adding armor to a character.

The errors include things like:
Linkage pick 'attribute' not located for current context 'ArmorBase'
Attempt to access 'focus' pick from script where no focus exists.
They all related to Eval Script 'Armor effects final'

So clearly it has something to do with me adding Cloth armor to a Templar character, but why? It does it if I add any type of armor, and always gives me a +0 AC bonus for whatever armor I pick.

Thanks!

I have HL 3.8a, which it tells me is the latest version. Also 4e data files 3.11 which I dloaded from DDI without a DDI subscription.
Fippy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 6th, 2011, 11:47 AM
The lack of a subscription is what's screwing you up. The down loader can only get whats out there from the compendium the same as a person who isn't logged in.
cryptoknight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fippy

Old December 6th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Aha. Then that answers my other question about the Templar that you answered too.

So will it work if I do a 1-month DDI subscription, download all the data files into HL? I'm assuming I don't need an ongoing DDI subscription? That's the reason that I chose HL over DDI, is that I've not heard good things about the DDI Character tools; and their other tools are largely available elsewhere.
Fippy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 7th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Yah pretty much... though if you want errata you'll need to pay for another month when you need another download. Or if an update for HL comes out that takes advantage of some new feature (like for instance when it supports themes).

I have friends with DDI subs that use HL anyway, because 20 characters is not enough for them.
cryptoknight is offline   #4 Reply With Quote