Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Omarlk

Old November 14th, 2010, 06:16 AM
New to forums and didnt know where to complain regarding this as I emailed the tech support and got no reply so far
My problem is the following:

I use your army builder and I noticed these mistakes:

Tyranids:

Tervigon HQ choice
If i am not mistaken, The upgrade choice of ScythinG talons or Crushing claws is stated as a must, so if neither is chosen, there should be a red alarm that the army is incorrect

Mycetic Spore choice
Same as Tervigon, If I am not mistaken, a weapon should be chosen.

Space Wolves

Fenrisian wolves upgrade, some units can have as much as two fenrisian wolves, why am I only able to have one only? (i.e. lone wolf)

Melta Bomb Upgrades, this upgrade isnt a must for an entire squad but to some units instead, when clicked, the entire squad gets it. (i.e. wolf scouts)

Mark of the wulfen, this upgrade is usually limited to one model in a squad, when clicked, it costs me double for two models instead of one.

I had my opponent in the last tournament showing up with his nids with 20 points less than he should have had, and currently I am forced to use excel to have my units properly pointed.

Please fix the problem.
THank you.
Omarlk is offline   #1
Mr_Rose

Old November 14th, 2010, 07:39 AM
So new you haven't read the rules, huh?
You should try talking to the guys that actually wrote the files you're complaining about like the rules say you should.
P.S. You are wrong:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarlk View Post
Tyranids:

Tervigon HQ choice
If i am not mistaken, The upgrade choice of ScythinG talons or Crushing claws is stated as a must, so if neither is chosen, there should be a red alarm that the army is incorrect

Mycetic Spore choice
Same as Tervigon, If I am not mistaken, a weapon should be chosen.
Options are OPTIONAL. You are indeed mistaken.

Quote:
Melta Bomb Upgrades, this upgrade isnt a must for an entire squad but to some units instead, when clicked, the entire squad gets it. (i.e. wolf scouts)
...because it's a squad upgrade; "the squad" takes the bombs at a price per model, not individual models.
Quote:
Fenrisian wolves upgrade, some units can have as much as two fenrisian wolves, why am I only able to have one only? (i.e. lone wolf)
Have you tried increasing the count of the wolf sub-unit that gets added? It works for me.
Quote:
Mark of the wulfen, this upgrade is usually limited to one model in a squad, when clicked, it costs me double for two models instead of one.
A 5-man squad of Grey Hunters with one Wulfen costs 90pts in my AB. Are you using the latest file?

WolfIssues.PNG

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #2
Omarlk

Old November 14th, 2010, 11:26 AM
alright, u 'nicely' answered everything 4 me, but no, the spacewolves mark with a 5 wolf squad says 105 for me
and no, where can i get the latest? i just been using the program since last week
Omarlk is offline   #3
Mr_Rose

Old November 14th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Does it really? Really and truly? Put up a screen shot so we can see, because that would be an issue.

Also, version 1.09b, straight off the updater in AB. If you've only been using it a week, you couldn't possibly have got an older version without going to the place where you're actually supposed to report bugs in the 40K files and manually downloading one from there.
Mr_Rose is offline   #4
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 14th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Well, assuming that he didn't buy one of the brick-and-mortar copies, which could be conceivably much older. You can download it here.
Duggan is offline   #5
Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old December 1st, 2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Well, assuming that he didn't buy one of the brick-and-mortar copies, which could be conceivably much older. You can download it here.
The AB40k files aren't shipped with AB itself, so it doesn't matter where AB was bought or downloaded from, the AB40k files would have to have been download from the update facility inside AB or from the AB40k.org web site.

And as usual, any bugs with the AB40k files should be posted over on http://www.ab40k.org/tracker.php?p=27 so they can be tracked by the maintainers, but please check always check that you are using the latest files first which can be downloaded from here: http://www.ab40k.org/filebase.php?c=4

(note that "a" releases are not distributed via the AB update system, so while AB shows the 1.09b files at present the latest are actually 1.10a)

As to Mark of the Wulfen, that can be confusing sometimes - when you add it to a unit it adds a new model with the MotW, you need to remember to reduce the base unit model count by 1. For example, take a squad of Grey Hunters with 5 models, tick MotW and you'll have 5 Grey Hunters + 1 Grey Hunter with MotW, you need to then click on the Grey Hunters Pack and press the - button to reduce it to 4 models. It's done this way because some upgrades affect the model profile, and it isn't always possible to change the base unit model count automatically when this is done.

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers

Last edited by Spack; December 1st, 2010 at 08:10 AM.
Spack is offline   #6
Redemptor

Old December 28th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Hello,

I found a misstake by choosing the griffon for teh Empire General.
It will not show the +1 Armour Save for riding a monster.

And if you give a single state troop an magic banner because of the generals special rule, it is possibel to take another magic banner to other state troops, as well.

Thank you!
Redemptor is offline   #7
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 28th, 2010, 09:40 AM
There's a specific section of the forum for issues dealing with the Warhammer Fantasy files - you'll find it below this section in the list. I recommend you post your issue there - I'm not sure the author of those files would know to check this forum and this thread.
Mathias is offline   #8
Closed Thread