Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jflevesque

Old November 21st, 2016, 04:54 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm currently trying to add a magic weapon that is created through a ritual. Once the ritual is complete, certain aspects of the base weapon are modified (certain properties are added or removed). Here are the requirements:

- Base weapon is either Spear or Pike
- Properties are now Reach, Finesse, 2Handed, Thrown (20/60)
- Damage is now d10 and Piercing.

1) Currently, I've copied from the +1 Weapon and modified it to only apply on Pike or Spear weapons. The properties seem to be applied correctly, but the damage is overridden by the base weapon (in this case, if I take the Spear, it changes to 1d6 piercing).

2) I would also like to be able to use this weapon as a base, to copy it and then bootstrap other weapons (example +1 Spear or +2 Pike), so the bonus and other features can be incorporated quickly (and possibly during play). I am not certain if this is doable, but if it can, that would be great.

How should I go about doing point #1? I've searched for videos or tutorials about weapon creations to no success. Most of the time, it is applying the abilities from another weapon onto another existing weapon, where in my case I want my weapon to override only certain aspects of the base weapon.

Example: If I had a +2 Flaming Spear, it would then become a 1d10+2 Piercing Flaming Spear with the above properties.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by jflevesque; November 25th, 2016 at 07:12 PM.
jflevesque is offline   #1 Reply With Quote