Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CCotD

Old April 7th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I had to re-image my PC (same version of XP, updates, etc) but when I installed Army Builder and re-licensed it, it states that I cannot move my license.

I would have thought that the license would have been tied to hardware serial numbers, not the OS (which is exactly the same, including Reg Key from Microsoft).

How can I get Army Builder to license properly?

Thanks.

PS. I sent an e-mail to the support e-mail address as well.
CCotD is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 12th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Stuff like this can be sorted out quickly with an email to support. We can easily waive the waiting period. I'm going to assume that this has already been handled by support.

AB's licensing use various pieces of information to establish the "identity" of your computer. It's not purely based on hardware, as information established during the OS installation is also used. If you specify the same information to Windows during OS installation and use the same hardware, AB will generate the same identity. However, if you use the same hardware and change one piece of the information during OS installation, a different identity will result.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote