Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

stargazer_dragon

Old July 10th, 2014, 01:24 PM
So I want to know any help someone might give me, the goal is to make a costume container that makes a new tab and lists it's contents in the new tab but does not add it's weight tot he character

Basically a way to move stuff to a house, bank, chest, or other locations that are connected to the character but not currently with the character.

Currently I am just making a henchmen and transferring stuff that it and ignoring all of it's stats ect which works but it kind of clunky and meh. figured with the new custom container upgrades perhaps there might be a way to improve the idea. But alas I can't think of the details to do it, least not now it might come to me after fiddling around enough
stargazer_dragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old July 10th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I'd love to see this as we have the same issue. We have made various henchmen that pose as our kingdom & personal treasuries in our Kingmaker campaign.
DMG is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 10th, 2014, 06:53 PM
What do you envision this doing that the "-Custom Location-" option does not currently handle?
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old July 11th, 2014, 03:27 AM
didn't even notice that custom option before and it is close to what I was after.

Only difference is I would like it to open a different tab and keep the container and stuff dropped to it in that tab so that it is more readily seen as in the custom location and harder to get mixed into what the character has on him.

(also a way to send coins to the custom container without sending all of them)

So if I drop my backpack to the house custom location the backpack is removed from the gear section and moved to a separate tab listed under the custom location
stargazer_dragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 11th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Coins: use the "-Custom Valuable-" option, and figure out the correct weight and value to assign to the pile of coins you want to create (don't forget to sell that custom valuable back at full price once you're ready to spend that money).

As a thing to think about, you're asking for a potentially unlimited number of tabs to be added. What should happen if a user adds 1000 custom locations?
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
stargazer_dragon

Old July 11th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Make all the custom Locations go to a single custom location tab, the point was that custom locations and what not represent things not on the character and thus it is handy to have it removed from the character

Perhaps someone could post some information for me about how to use eval scripts to manipulate the tabs, then I could make a NPC that started with only a couple of the tabs and then add a few tabs making it more customed to something like this (or I could make a special tab for custom location, perhaps with a list of locations that already are added like houses banks ship chest ect that are very common
stargazer_dragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote