Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wolfbook22

Old April 15th, 2020, 08:31 PM
Due to a magic item and the difference in when dragons gain the ability to cast spells, my dragon wizard character gains an increase to an Arcane Caster level. So far, I have created a Racial Special that I am able to add, pick an arcane source, and increase the caster level once.

However, once I add a specific template to the hero, this should increase the caster level by another 1 (total 2). Is it possible to do this all in one Eval Script, or is there another place some of this should be done?

This is what I have so far in the Eval Script.

Code:
Phase: First
Priority: 100

~ This works for all normal classes, increase Caster lvl by 1
    field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[cCasterLev].value += 1

~If the template is added
~    if (tmSpTr04 = true) then
~    field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[cCasterLev].value += 1
Thanks in advance
wolfbook22 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2020, 09:06 PM
You're going to want to use "if (hero.tagis[Template.tmTEMPLATEID] <> 0) then" to check for the presence of the template, though personally I'd use "doneif (hero.tagis[Template.tmTEMPLATEID] = 0)" since you don't have anything more after that. The timing might need to be a bit later, I don't recall for sure when Templates forward their tags to the hero, but maybe give First 1000 a try.

Alternatively you could use "doneif (hero.childlives[tmTEMPLATEID] = 0)", which would circumvent that tag forwarding, if timing becomes an issue.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote