View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 4th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Mathias,

Looking at the rulebook as it is written, characters are supposed to be able to permanently burn their street cred, to lower their notoriety level. Its supposed to be a permanent burn. Meaning that even if it was gained from karma, it can be lost to lower notoriety level. The floor as it stands prevents that happening. The reasoning behind it is that as Street Cred goes up, so does Public Awareness, and if P.A. goes up above 3... law enforcement starts watching the runners... along with corp sec and other people that run the shadows... basically the burning of street cred is essential to keeping the shadowrunners out of the eyes of people they don't want watching them. Its a difficult line to walk, but a necessary one.

I just want to be able to drop Street Cred down to 0.

Also, I noticed that Edge has a problem in it too in that the advancement tab won't let it go below one. Runners are supposed to be able to BURN edge permanently to stay alive, even with wounds that would kill them outright... It should be able to drop to 0.

I don't like to be nitpicky but I am running a Shadowrun Campaign and actually waited until you released the software license to start it so that i could manage my players' characters. I do this for our Dark Sun campaign as well.

nylanfs,

First off I am the GM.
Secondly, go over to the right hand column from where you found that statement: "Characters can reduce their Notoriety by permanently sacrificing some of their Street Cred. For every 2 points of Street Cred burned, Notoriety can be reduced by 1."
If you read that page carefully, you will see there is absolutely no lower limit at all on sacrificing Street Cred to reduce Notoriety. This statement includes street cred earned from karma being permanently sacrificed. High Notoriety is bad, it means law enforcement watching you under scrutiny to the point where the runner won't even be able to meet a Mr. Johnson about a job in the shadows if it gets too high. The sacrificial rule is there to help keep characters balanced and playable in the shadows.
RavenX is offline   #31 Reply With Quote