View Single Post
Lord Magus

Old December 18th, 2021, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I don't understand what AffAttr even trying to do? Looking up a text field on a pick to get the Id of something?

Variables are not at all allowed to be used to generate Ids to target something.
1) That was it, yeah
2) That answers that part , thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If the individual abilities know which ability score they target, why aren't they each running this script, applying just their own bonus?
Because when the ability is activated, it applies to all affinities the character has a minimum number of ranks in. Yes, this means you can get a bonus to all 6 attributes at once, but some characters will have only STR, others CON, others INT. It depends on what affinities they have, and how many ranks. I just don't know how I would activate a script on up to 6 affinities from a single ability.

To illustrate, a character with Fire 6 and Water 4 gets a +3 to CHA and +2 to CON, but not to the other stats; another with Light 10 and Air 3 gets +5 to WIS and +1 to DEX.

EDIT: Maybe having the ability have no script, but scripts on the affinities looks for that ability being activated do the trick?

Last edited by Lord Magus; December 18th, 2021 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Maybe I figured it out!
Lord Magus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote