View Single Post
Sendric

Old July 28th, 2021, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhova View Post
I thought somehow it got missed or my version was screwed up or some other thing, IDK. Is there a tutorial of how to create items and place them in the .user files?

Edit: Found some info and copied a glove of storing which is functionally similar to the A&EG Weightless Scabbard I wish to create. Is there a way (easy or not) to limit the items that can be stored in this container i.e. bladed weapons such as swords and daggers and limit it to one item? Also what conventions exist for assigning a unique ID to an item?
Thanks to some (relatively) recent updates, thingid's now allow up to 17 characters. Typically when you create a new thing, the editor will automatically provide the first two characters. These are used to give the user an easy way to identify what kind of thing the thingid is referring to, but it's not required that you keep it.

If you are making items for yourself it doesn't really matter what convention you use for creating unique ideas as long as they don't clash with existing ones. In general, though, we try to have them make sense and capitalize letters at the start of words. So, for something like the Weightless Scabbard, it could look like this:

ioWeightScabbard

I drop the "less" of Weightless here because it's too long to fit, and try to keep the "words" being clear. You could also do:

ioWeightlessScabb

Though I think the first one might be easier to understand what it is.
Sendric is offline   #1086 Reply With Quote