View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 20th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsohm View Post
The labels in the player view are not as complete as the labels in the GM view. Maybe 10 lists of info showing regardless of what I reveal. For instance if I organize my story under "story" since that doesnt show up in the player view, only "Source" shows up as viewable. I then have to organize my GM content by the players available lists of viewable items. A fact I did not realize until I had done the work and then bought the players license. Since I can't just copy and paste topics between story and source the work now has to be redone.
This doesn't make sense to me at all. It sounds like there's some definite confusion about how things work. As Joe requested, screenshots or (ideally) a step-by-step outline of what you're doing would be incredibly helpful here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsohm View Post
This is a deal breaker for me as it was not clearly stated at purchase that real time updating was not available for online gaming. Our games are remote for at least one of our group at any one time. Fuzzy TV view on a camera, mmmm not so much. Sorry guys, but keep up the good work.
I believe you misunderstood. The approach is to show the Player View window on your computer, then you share that window over Skype (or whatever other tool you choose to use). There's no camera involved whatsoever, so players see the exact same thing you show on your computer, with the exact same fidelity.

Does that make more sense now?
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote