View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Would would be interesting is to have videos that walk through material on the content market, that discusses the thinking and decisions that went in to how the content was entered and organized. These would serve as both instructional/demo videos and advertisements for content available in the CM.
That's a lot easier said than done! But it's a really good idea!

There are two primary problems that I see. First, there's a huge chunk of time involved in putting together high-quality videos. Second, I can honestly say that the thinking behind it all is deeply ingrained at this point, so it would actually be quite hard to identify the very long list of things and then explain it all.

Probably the best compromise I can think of would be for me to do an online seminar where I cover some basics and then field questions from users. I assume those questions would flag the majority of aspects that I just take for granted at this point, and then I could answer them. Obviously, the seminar would be recorded and then made available for everyone to watch afterwards.

This would yield something less formal, so the need for polish, along with the corresponding multiple takes and edits, would be obviated. It would also ensure that I cover lots of areas where I might not otherwise think about them.

The big gotcha with this approach is scheduling. Some of our most avid and insightful users are scattered across the globe, ranging from the States, to Europe, to Down Under. I would vastly prefer something that could be attended by the vast majority of those folks. That's one thing that I have no even decent solution for at this point.
rob is offline   #46 Reply With Quote