View Single Post
nightpanda2810

Old June 27th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
You misunderstand the purpose of structure only exports.

Structure only exports are intended to allow you to export the structure of a realm to be the basis for a new realm, not to be used to repeatedly add structure to an existing realm.

It might also be that by unchecking the preserve original authorship box you are causing the import procedure to not recognize that the categories in the import are the same as the ones in the existing realm.

So the first thing to try would be to repeat your process without unchecking that box.
Alright, I ran the same export while preserving authorship. This solved the issue of duplicates! But, it moved the issue to the snippet types: for one category only. I duplicated that category, moved the data to the new one, and deleted the old. Now it's working exactly as I had hoped. Easy to fix if only a single category has this issue.

Structure exports may have originally been for new-only realms, but it certainly works for what I'm trying to do, just needed a bit of tweaking and a better understanding of how it worked.

That said, this testing/conversation brought me to a neat idea: Linked realms/sub-realms. A base realm, like my template. Then linked realms, that grab data from the original as if it were in the sub-realm itself. Got an NPC that shows up in both? Add to the base realm, and it shows up in all sub-realms.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote