View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old December 4th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Hmm, one think this system does not have that other similar tools have, which I find to be useful is that you are given a limited number of votes. Say 5. You can allocate all 5 to one request or vote one time for five requests. It helps indicate which features users care the most strongly about because they have limited votes and even within that limit, they can weight some features more heavily than other.

Seems like requiring a login would be helpful, but that's debatable. Some people may be turned away if they have to spend even one minute to create an account to vote. But that would also mean those who did, do care more.

EDIT

Yeah, not have a vote limit greatly decreases the value of a feature-voting site. I mean, I'll probably vote for nearly every items as something I would want. It doesn't at all capture that there are only a small number of features that I care passionately about and which I would consider switching to another product if it was comparable but had those features. Just not as useful to see most of the features have roughly the same number of votes.

If there is any way to configure this to have a vote limit and to let you spend multiple votes on one feature, I highly recommend enabling it.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote

Last edited by MNBlockHead; December 4th, 2018 at 10:31 PM.
MNBlockHead is offline   #16 Reply With Quote