View Single Post
Paris.Crenshaw

Old March 11th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Hey, ShadowChemosh. Thanks, again, for the help. I'm attaching the version of Ephemeral Echo that I finally developed. The one thing I'm not as happy about is the way the stat block output works. Setting up the race so that the slam attacks are only present when the monster is corporeal means that when the Corporeal Form ability is not active, the slam attack isn't included in the stat block; and conversely, when the ability is active, the incorporeal touch is left out. So, the monster works great within the program, but isn't complete when printed out for use elsewhere. I'd almost rather just have the slam attacks always show up, but always use the character's Charisma bonus as the damage bonus on the attack. Other than that, this ended up working perfectly.

Now, looking further into the module, there's a piece of magical equipment that modifies a character based on its corporeality. I think I can figure out how to modify the item's behavior based on the presence or absence of the incorporeal subtype. But I'm unclear on how to implement the actual modifications.

1) If the character is corporeal, it applies a special property to "her
natural attacks and weapons she wields (even thrown weapons and projectiles)."

I can figure out how to assign the special property in question to a single item, but I'm not sure what I would use to apply it to every type of attack a corporeal creature would have.

2) If the character is incorporeal, "it can interact with [its] surroundings. Any item in its possession becomes incorporeal."

Similarly, for incorporeal creatures, I would effectively have to have the item make the weight of each carried item equal to 0 and give all items the ghost touch special ability. Is there a single field or tag that encompasses every piece of gear that a character possesses?
Attached Files
File Type: email Ephemeral Echo.user (7.5 KB, 0 views)
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #8 Reply With Quote