View Single Post
Villadelfia

Send a message via Skype™ to Villadelfia

Old April 16th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
It is not - as specified in the news post, the 2015 bundle includes:

* All hardcover core rulebooks – for example, Pathfinder Unchained and Occult Adventures.
* All Player Companion and Campaign Setting rulebooks – for example, Heroes of the Wild and Andoran, Birthplace of Freedom.

It doesn't cover adventure paths. We're not sure how many adventure paths we're going to release this year, so it didn't make sense to include them in the bundle.
- Do bestiaries count as core rulebooks? Paizo seems to think so as those are included in the core subscription.
- Does that mean basically everything BUT this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
If we did do a special offer like this, some of additional questions rear their ugly heads: Is this a one-time thing, or if someone purchases the required packages 6 months from now, do they get to take advantage of it as well? If someone purchased the full price version, then over the next year happened to buy all the packages that it uses, do they get a discount? If someone who qualifies now doesn't want to purchase the package, but then in 2 months time their group suddenly decides to play rise of the runelords, do we let them buy then?
I would say make it a permanent offer, but only to those who qualified when the offer was made so the workload has an upper limit on you guys. Unless of course you project the growth of people qualifying to be small enough to result in a negligible workload for you guys, then you might as well keep the offer open for new people.

Mind, you I'm still going under the assumption that hero lab is a pretty niche product. From what I gather the pathfinder module is by far most popular one if the forum is anything to go by. And that means you're selling this to a group that has the ability to do everything hero lab does for free, if they do it manually. It's based on that assumption that I say that there won't be, and never will be that many people that would qualify for the offer, and that therefore the workload on your side is low enough to make this feasible. Please correct me if this assumption is incorrect.

By the way, is the management page written in ASP.net or classic ASP? If it's the former, I'd be willing to offer my help to implement the functionality. It's what I do for a living.

Last edited by Villadelfia; April 16th, 2015 at 09:00 PM.
Villadelfia is offline   #82 Reply With Quote