View Single Post
Doskious

Old January 16th, 2021, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
Rob had a post on the matter a while back
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....2&postcount=28
In light of this, the concerns regarding the ability to deploy custom content are readily apparent, and not at all easily overcome at a feature-implementation level.

The obvious (to me, anyway) solution to tidily remedy this concern, without actually solving the "whelk vs. Supernova" scale of problem presented by the reliance on custom-scripting that a lot of HLC custom data content requires, would be an additional service tier above "Patron" level that, for an additional (recurring) cost, provides for the availability of a "sharded" instance of the HLO service to be extended to the subscriber such that they effectively get a sandbox for themselves and their group to use in which errors/issues/problems would be limited to impacting that group rather than the HLO userbase as a whole.

Even doing something like this would involve some fairly massive shifts in the underlying service infrastructure (I'm sure), to allow for the ability to leverage access to all of the existing HLO validations and data packages (that the subscriber had purchased) without needing to actually instance their associated service-level logic into the sandbox environment, if it's actually practically feasible at all.

I obviously don't know the kind of contracts LWD has entered into with Paizo related to the ability to provide the LWD-coded-and-curated representations of Paizo's content in the context of HLO, or if the above suggestion would be compatible with those agreements, but it seems to me to be likely to be a more practically scale-able and implementable solution than trying to directly curate and validation-check all submitted custom content.

Here's hoping that there's something that can be done to achieve this, eventually!
Doskious is offline   #10 Reply With Quote