View Single Post
DrunkZombie

Old September 7th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velinion View Post
Essence can only be regained with cellular repair (p.88, Augmentation), so it seems to me it would be best to track a "Most essence used" variable, as well as a "current essence used". When adding something that takes essence, add essence cost to "current essence used", then update "most essence used" if necessary. When buying "Cellular repair", decrease "most used" by the appropriate amount, but not below "current essence used". Should not be too hard.

Yes, this seems to be tracked separately. Total essence loss is supposed to be the greater of your cyber or bio essence loss + half of the smaller one.

For example, if a character losses 4 essence to cyberware and 3 to bioware, that character still has 0.5 essence remaining: (4+3/2)=5.5

When you include the add-on books, geneware counts as bioware and nanotech counts as cyberware for essence accounting perposes.

HeroLab seems to do this correctly, but it would be nice to see a breakdown on the char sheet too.

It does handle it correctly. I have a char with both cyber and bio and the total essense is correct. One thing I don't like is that cyberweapons display under the weapons area, but not under the cyberware. So their essence cost is not displayed anywhere on the sheet. It can be confusing if you are glancing at the sheet as it appears that the essence spent is off, although it isn't.
DrunkZombie is offline   #55 Reply With Quote