View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
Amazing! You, sir, are a wizard of the highest caliber! Complete shocked that you were able to not only find time to work on this, but also come up with a plausible solution.
Thanks! I kept doing little tests to try and see what I "could" do and finally found a working method and a script timing that worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
I do agree with you that the extra "3d6+10" are unnecessary, especially since HL has a limited space for attack and damage. Maybe something like this....

Greatsword
Melee: +20/+15/+10/+5 (3d6+7, 3d6+10 [x3])

(I left out the "/" in the damage since that usually signifies the crit multiplier/range.)

But not sure how that would be programmed into the stat block, or that it doesn't make it more confusing for players.
I changed it to use a comma. I was using the / because that matched up to the / that each attack used.

I also added the [x] value which does look good on a statblock:
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft.
Melee +1 flaming greatsword +21/+16/+11/+6 (3d6+8, 3d6+11 [x3]/19-20 plus 1d6 fire) or
. . greatsword +20/+15/+10/+5 (3d6+7, 3d6+10 [x3]/19-20) or
. . longsword +20/+15/+10/+5 (2d6+5/19-20)
Special Attacks greater rage (34 rounds/day)

I attached a sample character I was testing with. I sort of think the comma's make it hard to read with all the other commas. Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TestPathfinderOverhandChop.pdf (197.6 KB, 5 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #901 Reply With Quote