View Single Post
sambomb

Old June 22nd, 2020, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzi View Post
Yep. I use virtual machines in my work life every day. They're great things. I would postulate that the average HLC user doesn't install the software in one, though. They install it in their Windows box and don't think about it any more.

And even a vm image isn't a perfect solution. No matter what software you're using (a VMware product, Oracle, or whatever else), things break or go sideways. You do run updates on the vm, periodically, right? Anyway, my point is that there's a good chance that eventually you'll have to re-register the product. And if the licensing server isn't running anymore then you're no better off than someone running HLO.
If you do it for a living and dont backup before run a update I think you are lucky person or a dumb one.

But yes, there is a chance that everything falls apart my notebook with the VM can be stole while my cloud backup is hacked and my external drive burst into flames...

Yet, I still mantain a 16 bits software running in the company that I work in a VERY OLD windows XP VM
sambomb is offline   #151 Reply With Quote