View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycerius View Post
Ok. I did some additional testing to see what might be causing my issue. For whatever reason, it seems to be connected to the number of additional skills the character has. Strange, yes but true.

Create a new character. Don't chose anything but 9 new skills (say 9 craft skills but can be any 9). Then try to add most any custom item (weapon, armor, magic item). That is when it crashes for me. It also crashes if I select Cancel rather then Add on the Custom Item dialog.
I'm sorry to say that this did not cause a crash on my copy.

What's your screen resolution? Is 9 a particular number of skills you picked because it makes the skill list large enough that it needs to show a scrollbar?

Are any of those skills you've added ones you've created in the editor?

Do you have any files you've created in the editor, or gotten from others? If so, could you try finding thoes files (Tools menu...Explore Folders...User Data Folder or through the open file dialog in the editor), and move all of those files to a different folder (the desktop, or create a new folder inside that folder, and place them in there. Then, back on the main Hero Lab window and press ctrl-r to quick-reload your Hero Lab files. Now, you're back to a clean install of Hero Lab. Do you still get this crash?

Once you've tested that, move your .user files back into the correct folder, and repeat the ctrl-r to reload the files with those .user files included.

I'm sorry that this crash is happening, and that it's taking so much effort on your part to track it down.
Mathias is offline   #15