View Single Post
Nemesis

Old January 31st, 2015, 12:54 AM
And with this I'm done with RW. The features that you plan on adding over the next couple of months are completely useless to me, while the features I need are on the bottom of your list (mainly export and calenders - also no word on the Mac version. Seriously, how long can you stall this?). Calenders are almost useless right now without custom calnders and the handling is terrible. And without an export option I won't use RW, I don't like the black hole approach at all.

And one more thing, dear LWD staff:

Quote:
we will allow users to get their data out before we ever stop supporting Realm Works
I don't need your permission to get my data out of RW - it's MY data and I will use it in any way I want to. If your software doesn't enable me to do that, well, you're out. See, everyone I've talked to about the missing export feature reacted in the same way: "WTF?" It's a functionality so basic, that no one could believe it wasn't there.

And about adding it at some point in the future: what if at one point I decide there's another software that suits my needs better than RW does? Right now my data would be stuck in RW and I'd have to copy/paste every single snippet into another application. That's not an option at all for me.

So I'll be going back to my trusty combination of Scrivener, OmniOutliner and Aeon Timeline. These programs do everything I need (including links) and also have the option you put on the bottom of your feature list.

So long.
Nemesis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote