Thread: Psionics
View Single Post
wheelercub

Old September 6th, 2016, 08:30 AM
It's not terrible and pretty easy for the most part. It gets a bit tricky when you have to manage custom feats or choosing from multiple special abilities that also have to affect the character's combat statistics. I've finished adding all the classes from the Psionic Handbook, added the Talents as level 0 Mystic Spells, and have added 1/3 of the Psionic Disciplines as level 1 spells because Disciplines unlock higher powered options as you level up. For spell points, I simply gave the Mystic that "Full Caster" option and you would choose "Use Power Points" on the Hero Configuration page and the spell slots get transferred pefectly to Power Pts. Still the only problem I have is creating a Fighting Style multi-select for "School of the Knife" Mystics. The copying the class ability from Fighters or Rangers, doesn't actually work in HL, so I'm completely stumped on how to make this happen. I can tweak existing scripting fairly well, just don't know all the hooks to make up my own script for this.
wheelercub is offline   #29 Reply With Quote