View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 12th, 2014, 08:33 AM
I'm using the 2.5 updated books. Multiclass was basically take two or three classes at
1st-level, divide your hit die roll by the number of classes and round down. So a dwarven fighter/thief would roll 1d10 hit points / 2 rounded down and 1d6 hit points / 2 rounded down and summed together for hit point total. The XP earned was divided evenly amongst the classes, so the thief will level up faster than the fighter will... You take the best option from each class for things like THAC0 and proficiencies.

Dual-Classing was level up to a certain point, the drop the primary class and start taking levels in a new class from 1st level. You start over at 0 XP from 1st level in the new class, but retain all the skills/abilities gained from the previous class.

The reason I was doing it like pathfinder is that I have to track hit points and psionic strength points at each level. And on top of that there are level dependent abilities. For example, at level 3 a paladin gains Turn Undead/Fiends, at level 4 Summon Mount, at level 9 begins casting priest spells as a 1st-level priest, etc.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote