View Single Post
bshaw0313

Old June 14th, 2021, 09:19 PM
TaleSpire is a VTT (I think it would fit that label) that was just released as early access on steam.

So far my group has really enjoyed it (3D maps that really feel like mini's on a table).

They have released a feature to use URLs that start with (talespire://) to be routed directly to the TaleSpire program. Specifically if you have a URL like this (talespire://dice/d20) it will start the process of rolling a d20 in TaleSpire.

This can get more elaborate such as (talespire://dice/Wisdom:1d20+1) will roll a d20 + 1 and actually label that it was Wisdom that was rolled.

Would it be possible to have maybe an option to change the dice roll buttons in the dice roll screen to generate similar links? Or maybe just add an additional button that could be used to do the same thing?

Obviously not a high priority but it MIGHT*** be a simple way to link into a VTT that MIGHT*** get fairly popular in the future. MIGHT*** because I cannot actually see the future unfortunately.

I'm going to make an attempt to create a Chrome extension (someone has made one that works for DND Beyond) so if anyone has any experience with chrome extensions and wouldn't mind some brain picking please let me know.

Thank you!
bshaw0313 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote