View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
3. Character sheet

The character sheet is not so easy to decide. I like the "resource-tracker" of the official version a lot, which seems to track ALL resources, while mine only tracks some (and some more are tracked on top of page 1), so in this field the official version is superior. Also having the character portrait of page 1 is very nice (on mine it is on page 2). On the other hand having a list of all attack spells with DC, Attack value and Damage (!) they do on page 1 in my implementation is I think MUCH better than the official version. So in play you see all the data you need. I think it would be nice if this would still get added to the official version. Also it seems stuff like "War Mage's Wand" is not included into the calculation of spell attack values in the official version. Other stuff seems to be included (the Flame Blade of course, though
I like the much "shorter" print output in my version better, prefer +2d6 Fire to "plus 2d6 fire when ablaze".

I also miss a Spell Slot Display in the official version.

Personally I would prefer Page 1 from my version, combined with Page 2 from the official version, with the Spell Slot Display (or Spellpoint Cost display, depending on setting) of my version added to Page 2. And then the Power Cards from my version.
If you prefer your character sheet, you should be able to create it as a custom sheet for the 5E data files we just released. There are likely other users who have similar preferences and would appreciate having it, just like AncientOne's sheet for Pathfinder is quite popular. I'm saying this simply because your comparison sounds pretty positive overall, so it's quite possible you'll switch over once a critical mass of non-SRD content is ported over. I don't want you thinking that you'll need to forego your preferred character sheet layout if you switch over.

Thanks for taking the time to do the comparison! It's awesome to hear that everyone generally likes the way we've implemented everything thus far!

EDIT: Doh! Just saw the separate thread where you already raised this subject and Aaron got back to you. Never mind...

Last edited by rob; January 30th, 2016 at 02:29 PM.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote