View Single Post
Azhrei

Old September 10th, 2021, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
Hi guys,

Does HeroLab utilise A4 correctly or do we have to put up with non-existent paper sizes and squish things down to print them?
Depends on your definition of "correctly". If you mean, does it print ink on the paper such that the ink sticks to said paper and eventually dries such that the ink doesn't smear, then yes.

How does one "put up with" something that doesn't exist? For example, you might have to put up with your mother-in-law, but only if said mother-in-law actually exists.

I'm also not sure how someone "squishes" printing. I mean, fish are "squishy" and I suppose a fully wet sponge is kind of squishy, but a printed report? I just don't see how.

(I presumed that you wanted a loaded answer since you asked a loaded question. You also didn't say whether you're referring to HLO or HLC, but I'm assuming you meant HLC.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Standard sheets are designed for 8.5x11 so there isnt squishing. A4 should be bigger
A4 is narrower and taller, IIRC (I think about 8x11.5 using U.S. inches).

I would hope that the layout engine in Hero Lab Classic would account for paper sizes, but I don't know that for a fact, because I don't use those non-standard paper sizes that would require my printouts to be squished narrower.
Azhrei is offline   #3 Reply With Quote