View Single Post
DeclanQuinn

Old May 23rd, 2023, 03:47 PM
I've owned this for a couple of years now, but barely used as my gaming opportunities fell off a cliff. Recently I started using it again, trying to start my first realm.

I have a chunk of text that is multiple paragraphs that I copied and pasted into a snippet. The paragraphs reference a couple of NPCs. Some of those NPCs are mentioned by name several times in the paragraphs.

I've created People objects for the NPCs and when I rescan the chunk of text, it finds and links the first instance of each NPC only. It won't find and link subsequent duplicates of the name. I'm assuming this is to maybe prevent link clutter? I don't know.

I do have a workaround: I can break each paragraph into it's own snippet. I still won't get 2 or more links if a particular paragraph has duplicates though.

Currently I prefer the paragraph form with each new paragraph getting a couple spaces to indent it, and it all be in one snippet, but apparently if I want links for everywhere a name pops up, I have to have multiple snippets.

Is there a setting or something I am missing that can force it to auto-detect and link duplicates in the same snippet?
DeclanQuinn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote