View Single Post
Aaron

Old November 13th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
Dami, just looking at the Warlock class. The class itself doesn't have a caster level. However his Invocations use his level as a caster level. There is a difference here.

As an example lets take a crafting feat (Pathfinder version one at least) require you to have a caster level by class. So the Warlock class wouldn't qualify for that. Seeing native they don't have a caster level. Just that one specific ability of theirs has something that relies on a caster level as such they make a clause for it that their level equals the caster level for that ability alone.

Which is made clear by this sentence in their class "A warlock's caster level with his invocations is equal to his warlock level." It calls out specifically it only has a caster level for that ability. This is much like how the new Kineticist class works in Pathfinder (one of the reason I made a feature request for concentration/SR check modifiers for them cause they aren't shown currently).
That's kinda what I was suspecting, based on what I remembered about the 3.5 version of the class, but I am not sure how much his group or whatever source he has pulled this from changed things to "pathfinderize" the warlock. Hence the advice to double check the written rules.

Honestly, I had a powerful dislike for this class back in the 3.5 days, despite it being one of the earlier classes I handled for the community files. I had a player who wanted to play it, but not only did I feel that it wasn't a good thematic feat for my games, but it also seemed beyond the higher end of the power scale.

I'm not saying if you like the class that's BadWrongFun, just that I didn't like it in my game.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote