View Single Post
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 1st, 2021, 12:38 AM
message #1 -
To prevent the Atlantean race from appearing, use something called a Preclude. You use the ID of the object you want to block plus the Setting ID of the one you want to block it in.

A lot of what Seeley did there won't be applicable anymore. Partly since everything runs on Advances now and not Ranks. Plus some things are already there now, like new Skills costing less to pick up. Seeley also based some of what they did on their own House Rule set so that they were the only one that could use it.

In the trtMaximum example (Eval Script, BTW) I think it'd be easier to run a validation based on Rank rather than messing with trtMaximum.

For the resMax, put that in an Eval Script on PreTraits/5000 on what ever object gives them that ability.

For the rest of these, we have values for all of that in the Settings tab in the Editor now. That's where you adjust those at a campaign level. I think that post was written before we added more detail to the Settings editor.

Am I reading that right? One Attribute Advance every FOUR Ranks? Wow, that's really rough. Are you sure you want to do that? I could probably come up with a way for you, you just have to replace the validation step that checks for that. It just sounds way harsh. You're talking about only getting 1 or 2 changes in Attributes over an entire campaign.

You can set up bonus Edges at each Rank, either by granting an extra Advance point or by adding a creation point and have the player unlock the Hero on the Advance tab to add the Edge.
OK message #2 -
1. There are some things assigned to it later that need the gizmo to be there. It's like a place to hang things from.

2. Bootstraps and Tags are really different. Yes, they both get attached to an item, but where a bootstrap is another pre-existing thing being connected to the target, a tag is just that - a standard text tag that can be read by other processes very quickly. You can use a simple tagis test to see if a given tag is present, plus do things like count them and manipulate them. Tags are really flexible, and should be used whenever possible. Bootstrapping has some limitations, things like bootstrapped gear cannot be removed.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #10 Reply With Quote