View Single Post
Seeker1728

Old February 25th, 2021, 11:46 PM
Sorry for loading up another question, but I figured while I was waiting on someone to get back to me with the last one I'd go ahead and work on the powers. I decided that it was more in keeping to make use of the SPC and needed to make a few custom powers.

(edited after discovery, posting in case anyone else runs into a similar problem)

Last night I kept hitting a slew of error messages as I was trying to design a super-power in the editor. The messages read

Attempt to access non-existent containing entity from script
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'SPCPower' (Eval Script #2) near line 3

This error was repeated multiple times in a pop-up on various lines and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. I must've spent a couple of hours comparing powers from the SPC-2's code to my own, digging through the author kit and wiki wasn't yielding any answers and when I posted my original message last night I was frustrated/salty on the matter and was a little terse in my post.

This morning coming back at it with fresh eyes I noticed something that I missed last night in comparing my power to the SPC's. All the powers from the SPC2 had a gizmo! Looking at it, I saw:

C9.JPG

Surely it couldn't be that I thought. I copied the gizmo as pictured above, plugged it into my custom power and viola, no error messages

Then I hit the board and edited my message with my discovery. It does leave me with a couple of questions though as I had never mucked about with the gizmo before
  1. why is the gizmo a necessary component for the SPC?
  2. are there any particular things I should be on the lookout with the bootstraps/tags?

Last edited by Seeker1728; February 26th, 2021 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Discovered reason for error message
Seeker1728 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote