View Single Post
Anpumes

Old October 8th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
For DCs, foreach through the monk's abilities replacing the existing StandardDC tags with your new attribute's tag.
This sounds easy enough actually. I'll look into it more to see if I can figure it out.

Quote:
For the AC bonus you're going to have to add it as an untyped bonus. I would zero out the field which the monk class ability applies to tACWisMod and add your new attributes modifier to the untyped bonus field.
I get what you are saying but I have no idea how to implement that.
I'm also stuck trying to figure out how to get the monk's AC Bonus class feature to pick up that I want to use Charisma. I've tried the following code at different timings but I can't get it to work.

Code:
      ~ Change our monk AC Bonus to use Charisma rather than Wisdom
      perform hero.child[cMnkAC].assign[UseAttr.aCHA]
I've tried this at just about every timing I can think of...
  • Post-attributes:9900 - before AC Bonus sets #attrbonus[aWis]
  • Post-attributes:10100 - after AC Bonus sets #attrbonus[aWis]
  • First:10000 - where my Ki Pool Charisma swap takes place
  • Pre-level:10000
There are others but at this point I'm assuming my code while compiling correctly is wrong and not doing the thing I want it to do but I've looked through fields and tags for everything from the monks AC Bonus class special to the fields and tags on the hero and I can't find any reference that would help me figure this out on my own.

Quote:
If these changes apply to only certain monks, run the eval script from an archetype. If it is for all monks, then perhaps a mechanic would be better.
This is just for this archetype. Normal monks and other archetypes are unchanged.
Anpumes is offline   #3 Reply With Quote