View Single Post
Anpumes

Old April 17th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I'm making a variation of the Fuse Style ability taken from the Master of Many Styles monk archetype. Given the script of how this ability is calculated, I should be able to use it as is, with the exception of altering following ability description (This is taken directly from the Fuse Style Class Special):
Quote:
At 1st level, a master of many styles can fuse two of the styles he knows into a more perfect style. The master of many styles can have two style feat stances active at once. Starting a stance provided by a style feat is still a swift action, but when the master of many styles switches to another style feat, he can choose one style whose stance is already active to persist. He may only have two style feat stances active at a time.

At 8th level, the master of many styles can fuse three styles at once. He can have the stances of three style feats active at the same time. Furthermore, he can enter up to three stances as a swift action.

At 15th level, the master of many styles can fuse four styles at once. He can have the stances of four style feats active at the same time. Furthermore, he can enter up to four stances as a free action by spending 1 point from his {i}ki{/i} pool. This ability replaces flurry of blows.

At 20th level, a master of many styles can have the stances of five style feats active at once, and can change those stances as a free action. This ability replaces perfect self.
The variation I'm working on, I would like to have it read as follows:
Quote:
At 3rd level, an Unbound begins to grasp the natural world in a way that few can and begins to adapt her fighting styles in dynamic ways. The Unbound may now merge two of the styles she knows into a single more superlative style. The Unbound can have two style feat stances active at once. Starting a stance provided by a style feat is still a swift action, but when the Unbound switches to another style feat, she may choose one style whose stance is already active to persist. She may only have two style feat stances active at a time.

At 12th level, an Unbound gains an additional understanding of the natural world and may now merge three styles at once. She may have the stances of three style feats active at the same time. Furthermore, she can enter up to three stances as a free action by spending 1 point from her ki pool.
This ability replaces Maneuver Training and Abundant Step class features.
Anpumes is offline   #4 Reply With Quote