View Single Post
Anpumes

Old April 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
The feat not disappearing with the fDisable tag is probably a bug, you should submit a report and I will take a look at it later in the week.
Thanks, I'll submit it and see where it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
When moving a priority, think about what you are trying to accomplish. In this case you are trying to delete some tags before they are moved from the class to the hero, so moving it later seems unlikely to help.
Timing is the one thing that continually screws me up. I've read many times that something has to happen around a certain timing and I sort of understand this but when trying to figure out why, I completely get lost. I just don't understand exactly what is happening at what timings or at what times things are supposed to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The proficiencies are getting removed but not the feat that is bootstrapped. All you can do is use the Helper.FtDisable tag to disable the feat. The feat will stay but will be grayed out and will not display on the 'Special' tab or get printed. It will still get shown on the "Feat" tab.
On further looking, you are correct, the proficiencies are being removed as the archetype lists those in the weapon selection screens as "Not proficient with weapon," but only with the code I found and not by the fDisable.fWepMnk selection on the Archetype, Class Specials, Removed Weapon / Armor selection.

Quote:
You need to get that "tags" are different than "Things/Picks". A feat that is bootstrapped is a Pick on the hero and CAN NOT BE REMOVED. You can disable the pick and then the script on the feat should not run but you can not actually remove the feat (ie pick).

So the code you found is correctly removing the "Tags" that control what weapons the monk can use. The feat in this case is sort of outdated an no longer used for new classes. This is so that when proficiencies are changed you don't have a feat hanging around that is no longer valid.
Admittedly, I'm having trouble with this concept as well. I'm trying, I really am but when I see it work for other archetypes, I really begin to question what is going on. For example, the Barbarian Archetype, True Primitive, removes basically all of the Barbarians Weapon and Armor Proficiencies, tagging them to only use very specific weapons and armor. These disabled feats are done through the Remove Weapon / Armor dialog, in which the chosen things are deleted. Adding this archetype to a barbarian removes the selected feats (proficiencies) from the feat list all together... This is a big part of my confusing as to why it isn't working when selecting the Monk Weapons... As Aaron pointed out it is likely a bug, one which I will report shortly.

Quote:
So change the tags to be what you need and simply do a hero.child[XXXXX].assign[Helper.FtDisable] (change XXXX to be the unique ID of the feat) so that the feat does not get printed.
Thank you, you've been an immense help and extremely patient in helping me. I shall do this until something better comes along.
Anpumes is offline   #4 Reply With Quote