View Single Post
Chemlak

Old December 9th, 2014, 03:43 AM
I'm probably pipe-dreaming, here, but some of this perhaps falls under player-defined snippets.

My players are pretty terrible at remembering names (usually people, but places, too). They each have their own way of remembering (usually in very vague terms) who people are.

In this pipe-dream of mine, the players will be able to define their own aliases for topics, and view a list of the aliases they've created, to link through to the "real" topic, but with the topic name replaced by their alias in their own view.

To be quite honest, I think that's probably not worth the effort, and player-defined aliases which function just like normal aliases would be a better solution, though it simplifies things for players by allowing them to easily find the real name of topics using their alias. Which probably isn't a bad thing, since I get a bit frustrated by "let's go ask thingumybob. You know, whatshisname, the fat guy, from that place. The one with the lisp. Who told us about that woman. Shibblewibble, or whatever it was."

My players aren't exactly into deep immersion.
Chemlak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote