View Single Post
egg_green

Old March 19th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Hey, guys! Sorry I haven't been posting lately. My Fate group went on hiatus right at the time the beta came out :-(. We're starting up again this week, though, which will be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Several people asked for "Extras". For everyone who wanted Extras, it sounds like some of you meant that you wanted a table to which you could add anything you want, and track a numeric value along with it. Would that satisfy what you need, or would you need something more complex?
I think the minimum would be the ability to add a Name, a big box for Description, and a Cost. (Refresh is the obvious choice. Stunts would be nice to have as an option, but stunts and refresh are at least somewhat interchangeable, so having one or the other would work just as well.) Some people might want more complexity than that, but I think the above is flexible enough that it should meet the minimum for pretty much everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Another common request was "The Fate Fractal - Using fate attributes to make sidekicks, vehicles, special weapons, and so forth". How exactly would this work?[/LIST]
I'm envisioning this working similarly to how Familiars/Animal Companions/Mounts work in Pathfinder. You'd create your fractal-ized thing (is there a generic term for these?), which would add a new "character" to the portfolio with a link to switch back and forth.

I think the new "character" would have to be simpler than normal, since it might be just a set of aspects. However, it could be more complex than that, having its own stress, consequences, skills, or even stunts. If you really want to embrace the fractal part, it would have to be recursive, allowing the sub-character to have its own sub-sub-character!

I don't know if it would make sense for it to just be a full-blown character with some/all of the tabs being optional, or if it would be better to have some kind of variable-complexity options. The latter would be harder to implement, but might make things easier for people to build characters.

Last edited by egg_green; March 19th, 2014 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Fixed list quoting
egg_green is offline   #33 Reply With Quote