View Single Post
TCArknight

Old March 16th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Platypus View Post
When I created a campaign with a fourth history phase and 4 additional aspects, I set two tags and got it to display the fourth aspect, but it doesn't have the 'delete' button associated with the aspect. Not really a biggie, but all the other History aspects do have one and that one does not. I tried to find a tag to toggle for that but couldn't find it.

Someone posted how to change the names of the phases, but it didn't seem to actually work. I managed to get the default descriptive text for the phases to change. Does anyone know how to get the actual Phase names changed?
@VP: Here's how you can get it working (Although, I don't know about the delete button, as I'm in the same boat). This is based on my Dresden Files campaign data.

1) create a MyTags.1st file, and put this in it:
Code:
  <group id="Mechanics" name="Mechanics">
    <value id="HistRen"      name="History Rename"/>
  </group>
2) create a mechanic for your game.
a) add an eval script to the mechanic at Initialization/100 :
Code:
trustme

doneif (hero.tagis[Mechanics.HistRen] <> 0)

hero.child[eqHist1].field[UserName].text = "Background"
hero.child[eqHist2].field[UserName].text = "Rising Conflict"
hero.child[eqHist3].field[UserName].text = "The Story"
hero.child[eqHist4].field[UserName].text = "Guest Starring"
hero.child[eqHist5].field[UserName].text = "Guest Starring Redux"

perform hero.assign[Mechanics.HistRen]
b) bootstrap aspCustom thing to the mechanic with these tags: HistAspNum.4, portal.baAspect4, and thing.user_added

(I thought the user_added would provide the delete button, but no such luck. I'm wondering if it's a timing issue.)

I think that should be all you need to get the rename and an aspect for the 4th history phase. repeast the bootstrap and adjust the tags for 5.
TCArknight is offline   #32 Reply With Quote