View Single Post
jkthomsen9

Old September 1st, 2016, 04:59 PM
I use a projector in my game. It is not that difficult to set up if you are at all mechanically inclined. Scaling the image is no big deal, there is a slider on the player view tab. slide it until 1 square is about 1 inch and you are done. then reveal what area the party just entered and save that file, then the projector will update. There is a "flash" of white as the projector updates that can be annoying, I hope this is fixed in latter updates.

as to how to do this..... I highly recommend getting a short throw projector. It is possible to use a standard throw projector with a mirror, but installation becomes much more cumbersome. First select your projector mount. spend a little more here to get a more stable mount that has some adjustments. Most mounts that can be mounted horizontally off a wall can be mounted vertically off the ceiling. Pay attention to the distance from the wall/ceiling the mount will be, leaving enough room for cords. once you have this figured out you can figure out the distance from the projector lens to the table top. In most cases this will be a fixed distance based on the room you are using and ceiling height.

Once you have this figure you can go shopping for a projector. Make sure that the minimum throw distance is that figure or less. If you have any further questions PM me and I can send some pictures.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote