View Single Post
Jobsays

Old September 10th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Hey all,

I'm new to HL scripting and am trying to add the Favored Soul sorcerous origin using the editor. I'm stuck on trying to add a Class Special or Custom Ability to the portfolio using Eval Scripts. I've created Chosen of the Gods as a Class Special with an Array-Based Menu where each item in the array is a Domain name (Knowledge, Life, etc.). I've created Class Special & Custom Abilities for testing with the corresponding names (since I don't know which I should be using or will work). Now I want to setup an Eval Script so you can pick one of those domain names from the array and it will add the corresponding Class Special or Class Ability to the portfolio. Where I'm running into trouble is trying to figure out what Group ID the Class Special Or Class Ability belongs to?

Eval Script (copied/modified from Dragon Ancestor):
Code:
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)

if (field[usrIndex].value = 0) then
        perform assign[GroupID???.TagID4Knowledge]
      elseif (field[usrIndex].value = 1) then
        perform assign[GroupID???.TagID4Light]
        endif
Any help would be much appreciated. I've scoured the internet for some 5e tag reference guide, looked in .1st files, etc. and figured I must be missing some simple way of looking up the group ID of a tag from within the editor or something.
Jobsays is offline   #1 Reply With Quote