View Single Post
Grey Mage

Old May 30th, 2020, 09:15 PM
Quote:
9. A few are worried that we could pull the plug on the product at any time and leave everyone “screwed”. While it’s theoretically possible that we could go out of business, the reality is that the company has been in business almost 25 years (founded in 1994). We’ve been creating digital tools for tabletop games for 20 years, starting with Army Builder back in 1998. Hero Lab itself has been going strong for more than a decade. So the likelihood of HLOnline just disappearing is extremely slim.

If there are significant questions or concerns that weren’t covered above, please let us know. Thanks for taking the time to read through all this. I sure hope it's useful!
Yet the White Elephant in the room with regards to #9 is that exactly what you did with Realm Works...

You pulled the plug without even fulfilling the Kickstarter goals you set out. Limited to almost no support even after people begged you to just give them a little something every few months.

Rob, I was one your company's strongest advocates until you broke faith with your backers. "Fool me once shame on you..." That is why I cannot support HLO; though several of the other points made were also pretty valid.
Grey Mage is offline   #144 Reply With Quote