View Single Post
Aaron

Old September 27th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decim8or View Post
How do I grant a bonus to an attribute while an ability is "active" such as:
"gains a +2 bonus to Charisma while this (Su) is active"
Well, take a look at the eval scripts on one of the gear items which grants a bonus to Charisma (like the headband of charisma). You say you have added other activations, so you should be able to just switch that eval script from looking for whether it is equipped to looking for if it is active.

Quote:
On the same token, how do I grant a bonus to all movements when an ability is active?
Check out the Divine Swiftness racial ability.

Quote:
Also, is it possible, that when an ability grants a spell-like ability (got that part) that I can set the number of charges per day based on the character's Charisma Modifier?
First, try bootstrapping the SLA with a ChargeCalc.AttrOnly and ChargeAttr.aCHA... I don't recall if Spells are set up to automatically calculate charges using those tags.

If that doesn't work, create a Custom tag to mark the SLA, and when bootstrapping it assign that Custom tag. Then in an eval script on whatever is bootstrapping the SLA, do a findchild to find any spell with that tag, and manually add the charges. This example is looking for a Disrupt Undead spell marked with the "Custom.DispAnimat" tag.

PostAttr 10000
Code:
      perform hero.findchild[BaseSpell,"Custom.DispAnimat & thingid.spDisrUnd0"].setfocus

~ uses per day = 3 + CHA mod
      focus.field[trkMax].value += 3 + hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote