View Single Post
zarlor

Old April 11th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Well, yeah that's the official ruling on ABs, but... there seems to me to be two ways to handle spells like that when dealing with the Hero Lab program. Either you set up an AB to open up that Arcane tab so you can bootstrap them to the character (and then having to work around that if you ever need to give a character a "real" AB), or you require the Fantasy Companion Add-On for Hero Lab and then use the Magic Item mechanic to add it into an item.

EDIT: Well, I suppose there is also a 3rd way, which is to simply create the item with a description about what it does and leave it to the player to deal with handling it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #29 Reply With Quote