View Single Post
Fenris447

Old December 9th, 2019, 11:37 AM
Mergon,

I submitted a bug about the half casters and cantrips today. No idea if it'll ever happen.

My only idea about it is to create a dummy "1st" level for the Artificer class. It will grant nothing, and the whole class would have to switch all its features to be granted 1 level higher than usual. It wouldn't work if you use XP for levelling and/or if you plan to get to level 20. But otherwise, the math would then work out to grant the proper level of spell slots and access to cantrips.

Effectively, a level 3 Artificer at the table would be a level 4 Artificer in Hero Lab. Mathematically, the RoudUp(3/2) = 2 = RoundDown(4/2).

It's not a good solution. And I probably wont pursue it unless LWD comes out and says they wont help us with a round-up half caster. But it's the best we got right now.

Edit: It would totally throw off proficiency bonuses. Duh. Can’t do it.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; December 18th, 2019 at 08:22 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote