View Single Post
bruuuuuu

Old August 9th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkops View Post
The next bin is your "some people just don't like it". The product is more expensive, for less functionality (both core critical functionality like offline play or STABLE online play), making a change no one asked for. These are solid arguments to stay away from the product. Just because you can't fathom someone not liking a product doesn't make it a gem.
And, before anyone jumps in with the "Android was the most requested feature" argument, there are non-networked, stand-alone apps for Android (Paizo's Adventure Card Game for Android, anyone?) that deal with datasets as large as HLC. Using the product on tablets was already possible with the iPad. Requesting Android as a supported platform does not necessitate an online-only application.

I'm not super-thrilled by the online-only model here, either, and darkops makes good points, the most concerning is (and I summarize) "What happens to our access to our purchases if Lone Wolf goes away or changes their business model?" I'm remaining very cautiously optimistic, but this fear is hanging out there.
bruuuuuu is offline   #23 Reply With Quote