View Single Post
Sendric

Old December 31st, 2015, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Sendric. My current plan is I am going to be adding official Shield Bash's into d20 hopefully in this next update. At that time I can create a new "Helper.xxx" tag that will mimic the behavior you need for "Agile Shield Fighter" using the components. That will make things very easy on your side (ie perform hero.assign[Helper.ShieldTWF]) and less overhead if the background components take care of it correctly.

I can't add the actual "feat" or text but I can add the logic into d20. Will that work? You will also be able to remove the "shield" bash fixes you have in the community pack then.
That works for me. Thanks! Happy to remove the Shield Bash fix too since it was incomplete anyway (didn't work on specific magical weapons if I recall correctly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
During this change I think I am going to be adding a new "weapon group" type tag into the system. Something to group together common weapon types like shields, bows, and crossbows. Would it be worth it to expand to blades, maces, polearms? Does anything in 3.5 break down the weapon types like this that you know of? This does mean to have everything work right you may need to go through all the community weapons and "tag" them as the right types. Well at least the shields at first. Thoughts?
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that groups blades, maces and polearms together, but that doesn't mean there isn't something. Perhaps deity favored weapons, which I haven't looked at. If anyone knows of anything, please post about it. In any case, I would go with the bows, crossbows and shields for now unless someone else comes up with something.
Sendric is offline   #432 Reply With Quote