View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 1st, 2014, 04:54 AM
I would agree a de-limited text type of import / export feature could be useful, BUT As LADY above points out, I can't wrap my mind around how LWD could do such efficiently...

Exporting is not as problematic since LWD can control how the data leaves RW.Once the ability to create PDfs or print comes into play this will help the sharing of data from an exporting perspective.

Importing is another matter all together.

Even Adobe (which is the defacto product) for PDFs cannot manage a perfect clean "copy" from PDF to say word *.doc file or an *.xls sheet of Excel. And all of these products have been around for YEARS.

I see ALOT of user clean up that would remove any "time savings" getting the data into the right snipits, tags, articles, etc... I then forecast numerous complaints from the community on wrecked databases, information in wrong places, etc and the community then wanting LWD to "fix it".

Currently cut and paste, (to me) seems the simplest most direct approach. I highlight what I want, and only what I want.. and put it where I want...

I just don't see this working... unless some copies of RW came with a leprechaun feature that magically does this?? IF so I need that patch!!! hehe seriously.... lets not put unrealistic expectations in front of ROB and Company for them to.... IMO... spend energy on that would glean little to no fruit.

Remember RW is a Database, so it is not only just getting the information in, it is also getting that information arranged properly. It isn't as simple as scanning a hardcopy document and creating a digital one.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote