View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 15th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banpai View Post
unfortunately, due to downtime (planned or unplanned) catching me at a bad time - I can not depend on the service working while I game.
We had some major problems with reliability and server performance due to code written by a former employee. I spent six months completely rewriting most of the server backend to address those issues, and that rewrite went live just over a month ago. We've also addressed many other bugs that resulted in stability issues. At this point, everything is in pretty good shape. There are still bugs that crop up, but they aren't debilitating ones like we had before. So I encourage you to give it a try again during your next game - with the character sheet ready as a fallback, of course. Hopefully, you'll find that we've vastly improved things. And if not, please report what is still giving you problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banpai View Post
Of course, I mostly GM and play Paizo organized play for an often changing group of players and GMs, offline and using Roll20. Using the campaign theatre is really not a viable option for me, as an I have little control over what my players are using, and I have never used to option to roll something via hero lab.
We've recently added some mechanisms to make it much easier to manage a mixed group of players that don't all use HLO. With the new Stand-In PCs, you can create placeholders containing just the bits of information you care about for the PCs not directly in HLO. This makes it possible to use the Campaign Theater capabilities, such as managing the stage, enacting pre-made scripts, etc. I believe you could also have your players effectively create "stubs" for their PCs with only demo accounts, having them managing those basic details for you.

The CT features will be continuing to evolve over the upcoming months, so there's gonna be even more stuff to potentially leverage there, even when running games for PFS and/or over VTTs.
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote