View Single Post
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evdjj3j View Post
I am no longer part of the Windows Insider program, that is not what triggered demo mode. Demo mode was triggered because it has been less that 120 days since the last time I upgraded, my last request was Oct 13th. I'm interested in what changes are being made to the DRM. I'm hoping that it checks during the upgrade for a valid license and doesn't ask to phone home if a valid license is found?
You'll still need to reactivate your license after upgrading Hero Lab - your license keyfile is tied to a specific version of HL, so a license for an older versions won't work with a newer version. What we're changing is the way Hero Lab identifies your machine - we'll be making it more reliable, so it's less likely to think that your computer has "changed".

The current methods we use to detect a computer change used to work well, but as Liz mentioned, Microsoft messed with things in Windows 10 and now they mis-detect a new computer after certain things (for example, upgrading to a new build of windows, which MS now releases every few months). The changes will mean that this no longer occurs.

If you need to contact us for early reassignment every time you update Hero Lab, that means something is wrong - in the vast majority of these cases, it turns out that someone has been using the same Hero Lab license number on two computers. Our tech support staff tries to catch these when they occur, but we don't always spot them, but if it's a problem you're having regularly, please flag it to our support staff (support@wolflair.com) and they'll try to get things figured out.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote