View Single Post
kbs666

Old February 3rd, 2020, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrll View Post
From what I've seen and heard in gaming stores near me, PF2 definitely isn't struggling here. It seems a lot of groups have already made the switch, particularly those with GMs or players who are also PF Society members. I've tried it and have mixed feelings, there are things I like and things I don't. The one PF game I'm in is staying with PF1 for now but everyone is interested in giving PF2 a try sometime. The same group resisted moving from D&D 3.5 to PF1 until they gave it a try.
I'm sure there are areas where PFS is thriving but it has been all but wiped out here. DDAL can get 6 to 8 tables versus 1 or 2 for PFS, and that may be down some more since PFS2 started.

I know PFS has been driving sales for Paizo but, IMO, it has been poisonous for tabletop role playing. It has put the idea into many player's heads that the goal is to break the game and that access to almost everything ever published should be available in a campaign. I've had probably 20 PFS players come through my home game in the last 4 years (we've been trying to get a 6th player for some time) and all have been unhappy with the limits on player options I have as well as my absolute ban on attempts to over power the other players.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #36 Reply With Quote