View Single Post
flyteach

Old January 31st, 2020, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Ok, I got a vtt and HLO, but what features does CT have that other vtt do not? I am sure I will get CT when it comes out, but not sure how to incorporate it with the vtt we are using.
@Frodie, I'm struggling with this also. I've read thru the doc about a dozen times now and messed around the "theatre". What I'm coming up with is this, and I invite anyone to be specific about what I'm missing, cuz it's prolly quite a bit.
If you have a VTT, then I don't see that CT (or even HLO for that matter) bring anything to the table (screen). The VTTs do a good job of tracking material, damage, spells, etc.
If you're at an in person table, then CT appears to be a high powered initiative tracker. It's got more info, but that's all it is: info. There's very little to no interaction thru the interface.....essentially view only.
There's a lot of potential, but at this time it seems pretty bare bones. That seems intentional, but it's hard to see where LWD is going with this. Things that are broken for basic character use at the table (tracking ammo for instance) are just magnified when working thru CT because it's not managing anything either.
I've got to experiment some more, there might be a hint of encounter builder in here too, but I need more time to investigate.
flyteach is offline   #28 Reply With Quote